- We have escalated our disinfecting (using industrial disinfectant) of common doors, flat surfaces, elevators, stair rails, amenity areas, garbage chutes, and frequently and ?carefully disinfecting our management and leasing offices ? all surfaces located in areas we all use in common.? ?We are carefully monitoring our supply chain to ensure we have adequate and appropriate supply.
- We have temporarily closed our amenities including social room, fitness facility.?
- We will no longer accept deliveries of parcels on behalf of customers at our management office, so please make delivery arrangements directly with your carrier.
- We have maintained a full complement of staff to support the building operations and administration.? None of our Team is required to work if they feel ill, and if they do develop a cough, sneezing, or other malady, they are sent home and encouraged to self-assess using the online tools made available by the Government of Alberta.? Our Team remains committee and will carry out all emergent, critical path services during this time.??
- Our response to non-emergent service requested in your home may be delayed.? Thank you for your understanding around this.
- We?ve recommended?that our Customers and Team?take?additional?health measures, including frequent hand washing,?respiratory etiquette,?social distancing, staying home when sick and pausing all non-essential work travel?
If you haven?t had the chance to see our postings in and around the building yet,?following?are some of the important suggestions from?Alberta Health Services ?that can help reduce?everyone?s?risk and maintain the safety of others:?
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds and do so frequently throughout the day?
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes?
- When coughing or sneezing,?cover your mouth and nose?by coughing or sneezing into your elbow?or sleeve?to reduce the spread of germs??
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick?and remind those who are sick to stay at home?
- Make healthy lifestyle choices?and stay hydrated?to keep your immune system strong?
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or anti-bacterial wipes?
- Stay home if you are sick?
For further information, we encourage you?to?refer to the following links:?
- Public Health Agency of Canada?
- Alberta Health Services?
- Public Health Agency of Canada?
- World Health Organization??
With regard to the multiple inquiries concerning rent and utilities.? This is what we know to date:
Our utility providers have advised that as a large apartment user, we are not eligible for any deferral program they are considering.? We have not accepted this initial position and continue discussions with the utilities.? In the meantime rest assured if we are able to obtain a deferral we will pass along the same opportunity to defer to our Customers.? Please remember that ?deferral? means the bill is delayed but will still have to be paid.
Some of our Customers have expressed concern regarding the payment of rent due to being laid off because of Covid 19 pandemic and are without an income.? As you may already know, the Provincial and Federal Governments have quickly activated to provide emergency funding to those who can?t immediately pay rent when due.
Following are online tools for that purpose:
Emergency Care Benefit
- Intended for those who don?t qualify for EI, can?t go to work, and don?t have paid sick leave
- Provides up to $900 every two weeks for up to 15 weeks, to those affected by COVID-19
- Who can apply:
- Workers ? including self-employed ? who are quarantined or sick with COVID-19
- Those staying home to take care of a family member with COVID-19 who doesn’t qualify
- Parents staying home to care for children because of school closures
The Emergency Support Benefit
- Intended to be a long-term income support
- More details to come from federal government
If you feel you may be delayed in paying your rent when due, please visit our Management office on the main floor of Central Tower and speak with our Manager?Danijela Glamoclija ?(email@example.com).? Be sure to bring a copy of your documentation that will confirm you have applied for and are awaiting approval/processing/payment from the appropriate Government Department.? If it is necessary to take this step, it is important to act and communicate with us proactively so that funds are not unduly delayed or your lease is not at risk.
Thank you for taking the time to read our memorandum.? We will update again when meaningful information comes our way.? In the meantime cheers to staying safe and healthy!